Marching Band

Marching Band

Monday, March 12, 2007

Essential Question Response: After College

Because Essential Questions are made for the purpose of figuring out who we are, they-- like us-- can change at any time. So I decided to temporarily change my second essential question to 'What is in my future?' That is the question I am responding to now.


Although I'm a Freshman, I often think about college, and what comes after. I don't know what college I want to go to (although I do want to go out-of-state), but I think I know what I want to do afterwards. I really love my school, and I want to come back and teach here after college. I'd love to teach a history or English course, and I'd love to be involved in the school's band even if my marching days are over. This school is one of my favorite places in the world, and coming back here would be like coming home. I'm someone who places great value in opportunity. I love going to a big school because of the countless things you can do, classes you can take, and people you can meet. Teaching here could open up even more oppurtunity than being a student.

Of course I will probably change my mind-- it's too long a time with too much happening for me to think that I'll be the same after I graduate as I am now. And even if I don't change my mind about teaching, I may want to work at a college (as my friend Herena said, "No! Don't be a teacher! Be a professor! Teachers are mortals.").

But I do know that after graduating I would like to come back to my home state and live there-- where the weather is nice like the people-- and I'll be home: close to family, and if I still want to, able to teach at my high school.

No comments:

Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster
A nice picture my friend took on the Rose Parade Trip of a Knott's Berry Farm rollercoaster

Grace Kelly Song

'White and Nerdy' by Weird Al

Kitten is Angry

Potter Puppet Pals: The Mysterious Ticking Noise