Marching Band

Marching Band

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Essential Question Response: Ka Wai Ola

What will make me happy?

Before I begin my real post, I want to follow up on a previous blog entry about the band concert. On Friday, we played in the Parade of Bands, which is a music festival where bands play and are judged. We haven't gotten our scores yet, but I do know that I did not slaughter my solo as I expected to. Hopefully I can put a recording of the concert up soon.

Now on to the real post.

My friend Chelsea and I recently signed up to be on the staff of Ka Wai Ola, which is a small book of short stories, art, and poems written by students. There are two books made every school year-- a winter edition and and spring edition. Chelsea and I read the winter edition and really enjoyed it, so we are now helping to put together the spring edition.

I really enjoy reading different submissions and discussing them, and it's going to be a great feeling when everything is assembled and I can hold the final product in my hand, and know that I was a part of the process that made it possible. It's a really fun thing to be involved in, and I look forward to signing up again next year.

No comments:

Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster
A nice picture my friend took on the Rose Parade Trip of a Knott's Berry Farm rollercoaster

Grace Kelly Song

'White and Nerdy' by Weird Al

Kitten is Angry

Potter Puppet Pals: The Mysterious Ticking Noise